Friday, May 23, 2008

recently...

(Just an FYI-this is the same blog from my myspace, but I'm posting it here as well for my friends that don't have myspace.)

As life goes on, things change. I used to be very awful to deal with when it came to things changing, but in recent years I've somehow with the help of my husband learned to deal with things a lot better. Being mad about things doesn't get you far, and as my dad has always said, "You'll get happy in the same pants you get mad in." Jay has helped tremendoulsy with getting me to see the positive side of things. Everyone should get a chance in life to live with someone who DOES NOT get in bad moods, period, no matter what. Jay might get mad for a couple minutes, but his actual mood never changes. He doesn't get crabby, it's a very odd thing for me especially since I was raised by my mom who taught me to believe that even the littlest thing can ruin your day. I've been striving to be more like him because he doesn't deserve to have to deal with bad moods since he doesn't put anyone else through them. I'll be the first to admit that I have my mood swings, but I'm working on it.

So now for the juicy details...well some of them are still a little up in the air I guess, but I thought I might let you all in on what may be stirring up for the near future!

Jay has many goals and aspirations, one of which has always been to be a canine cop. He applied for a job as a military working dog handler, which he has been officially accepted for as of a couple days ago. The air force is currently short-handed in this field, therefore they have offered 'base-of-preference' to anyone who gets accepted. Jay will have to go back to tech school for 3 months in Texas to train for his new job, then shortly after he returns we will be moving to one of our preferred bases, which are top secret . I don't know which one we are going to yet, but I'll inform everyone as soon as we find out. He is currently scheduled to leave for tech school in January, but that could change at any. He could leave as early as July 1, 2008 for his 3 month retrain.

Wait, there's more. No, I'm not pregnant so don't get excited. The reason for that is this little hinderance called my student loan that isn't quite paid off. When we do have a baby, I want to be able to not work at least for the first few months, hopefully longer, but that won't be possible until my student loan is paid off. So...I finally got serious about paying it off and I got a second job. The money from that goes into a separate account just to pay off college stuff. Pretty handy, huh? So Jay is scheduled to get done with tech school around March at the latest, and if college is paid off by then (or next spring, whichever comes later), we will start trying for a baby around that time! I'm very excited to at least have some type of timeframe in sight, and it will encourage me to work more, shop less, and pay off college faster. I wish I could just push a button and my loan would be gone, but I know I have to work for this goal, just like all my other ones. Thanks to some scholarships I earned, I don't owe nearly as much as I could've owed. I'm very glad I went to college to be a dental assistant though, because I love my job-therefore, it's worth every penny and I've never regretted doing it.

So long story short, I'm working my rear end off, we are probably moving sometime around next summer (2009), and I can't wait to have a baby someday! I just want to not be stressed about money when the time comes so I can relax and enjoy being a parent. Plus I'm very interesting in finding out where we are going to move to, and what it will be like. I will miss my family and friends here, but I am excited for somewhere new. We will definitely be back to visit.

No comments: